Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Spirit

We have been doing lots of fun Christmas-y stuff lately. Unfortunately, I have not had my camera for all of it, but here are a few highlights:

1. Ward Christmas party - pancakes! Andy got to take the girls all by himself, because I had to work.
2. Fruita Light Parade - the kids had a great time watching the lighted floats and collecting candy. It was raining pretty hard, but we were lucky to have a front row seat in cozy back of our car under the tailgate.
3. Annual Christmas party - we got to host the party this year. Lots of fun white elephant gift and good food, friendship, and laughter.
4. Christmas childrens concert and symphony which featured an amazing magician.
5. Painted some holiday things at a paint-your-own-pottery place.
6. Made lots of Christmas treats that the girls loved delivering to all of our friends and neighbors. I think they really got a kick out of the "giving" part of Christmas. It was so fun driving around at night looking at the lights, listening to Christmas music, and dropping off the treats.
7. The first snow. Yes that's a picture of the girls jumping on a snow trampoline (don't freak out Mom!)
8. My birthday extravaganza - some friends took me out for a pedicure. It was the most relaxed I've been in a long time. A bunch of friends also took me to lunch. Today, my actual b-day, I spent with my family. We had a nice dinner at a chinese/japenese restaurant. Kayla surprised us by eating a whole tuna sushi roll herself. Chloe was obsessed with stopping at Sam's Club after dinner to buy me a cake. We started home, hoping she would forget. As soon, as we got on the highway, she realized we weren't stopping at Sam's and she had a tantrum. We had to stop at City Market and they picked out a cute snowman cake for me. What's a birthday without cake and icecream? Chloe, with her insatiable sweet tooth, is a girl after my own heart!


I'm sure we'll have many more fun things in the weeks to come! Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

You have the greatest pictures! December was so fun. Now if we could just get our sick kids to feel better, January might be fun too!